December 2019 –
Did you know that Congenital Heart Defects (CHD) claims the lives of 2x as many babies as all forms of childhood cancer combined? Yet CHD research is only funded 1/5 that of cancer. Wow! That’s where YOU come in.
With the holiday season fast approaching, it’s time to let YOU, our supporter, know what Bright Heart Foundation has been up to throughout 2019 with your generous support!
- January 2019 – $10,000 was donated to the Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Endowment Fund at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital for research
- February 2019 – Our son, Luke Pilkinton, was the guest of honor for the American Heart Association of Knoxville. That night, the story of his journey with ½ a heart spread awareness to over 300+ people.
- March 2019 – Bright Heart Foundation Honored Jacob Bilodeau – a baby with ½ a heart. This was a fundraiser for CHD research & awareness.
- May 2019 – Bright Heart Foundation was the recipient of the Predators Foundation grant.
- July 2019 – $2600 worth of therapy tools that were requested by outpatient Vanderbilt OT, PT and Speech therapists. This program helps the babies/ children to speak, eat, sit, crawl, stand, walk – assisting them beyond their developmental delays. to achieve their full potential once they are home from the hospital through our “THRIVE” Program (Serving 140 per year)
- July 2019 – $1500 worth of Wubbanub pacifiers were given to the inpatient cardiac babies at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital through our “SURVIVE” Program. These are wonderful to help soothe, comfort, and encourage therapy through play.
- September 2019 – $2400 worth of blankets, toys, therapy balls, stuffed animals, etc. were given to the cardiac patients at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital through our “SURVIVE” Program. These types of items help humanize hospital stays and provide hope through an otherwise sterile and lonely experience (Serving 1500 babies/ kids per year as they are fighting to survive treatments)
- Spring 2020 – we have partnered with Wubbanub brand and the Nashville Predators to create the “CHD Predators Wubbanub” pacifier. All proceeds will be going back to the Pediatric Cardiac Unit at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital!
- February 13, 2020 – “Hockey Has Heart – CHD Night” will be the theme of this home hockey game!
Bright Heart Foundation is run by 100% volunteerism and continues to partner with various other CHD nonprofits to create awareness, fund research, and initiate programs that increase the potential for children with CHD and their families. Our programs are enriching the lives of these babies and allowing them to move forward and gain more independence. From all of this, their entire family unit with be blessed.
Please donate to Bright Heart Foundation and help us keep these projects funded! Your support it vital to our success for these babies!
Thank you for your continued support!
Luke 1:37- “For with God nothing shall be impossible.”